Question Friend is buying laptop, wanted to help her get something worth it. Recommendations very very appreciated!

Feb 9, 2018
I am very clueless when it comes to laptops, as I've always been a desktop gamer. Hoping for some nice tips / recommendations for her. She wants to go look on boxing day but I don't want her to get something overpriced, as i find most "prebuilt" stuff is.

1. What is your budget? $700 CDN

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
Something portable, she thinks 14" or less.

3. What screen resolution do you want?
Doesn't matter.

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Portable

5. How much battery life do you need?
Not sure. Long enough for school work.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Minecraft is the only one she said she plays.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
School work, lots of netflix, multiple tabs.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
Not sure

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
As long as possible that runs smooth.

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
DVD ROM i think. watches movies from dvd when traveling.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

13. What country do you live in?
Canada

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I asked her for her uses, she says lots of netflix, lots of open tabs, and sometimes plays minecraft. If she goes back to school, she's wanting it to be useful for that and also to be portable so she can take it with her easily. She also travels about once a year and I'm sure will want it with her. So i guess something that can fit into a backpack / easily transported.

I know my answers are vague but i'm just trying to ensure she doesn't get something overpriced. Any responses are greatly appreciated.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS