[SOLVED] Friends Asus MOBO now sounds a beep code after installing new components.

TheUltraMarine

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2016
A friend of mine in the UK is now getting a beep code from his ASUS PRIME A320M-K motherboard after installing a new Gigabyte GTX 1660 and a ARESGAME 650w power supply. He first installed the PSU and booted up the system with no problems whatsoever, it wasn't until he installed the 1660 into the computer did he hear the beep code and see no display during POST. The beep code was 1 long beep, 3 short beeps. I checked online for the error associated with the code for ASUS motherboards and for the most part, it signified a conventional RAM error, so I had him reseat the RAM, and even swapped the sticks position (not the slots). Same beep code, now I myself have no idea whats causing the beep code, even ideas?

Solution
I got him to update it to the latest BIOS update from November. of last year, it still doesn't show a display during POST. Now I'm going to have him reconfirm the beep code he's hearing and then get him to reseat his GPU, see how it'll go from there.
No dice.

We even switched to his old GPU to ensure that the VGA adapter cable wasn't the issue, it worked perfectly fine. I rechecked what the beep code means on the old ASUS Service website, and it means that there's no VGA detected. Since we've deduced that the issue wasn't the RAM, the BIOS, or the cable, it has to be the GPU considering he bought it used, he'll be taking it to a tech friend of his to test the GPU in his build to ultimately make certain if the GPU is busted...
A friend of mine in the UK is now getting a beep code from his ASUS PRIME A320M-K motherboard after installing a new Gigabyte GTX 1660 and a ARESGAME 650w power supply. He first installed the PSU and booted up the system with no problems whatsoever, it wasn't until he installed the 1660 into the computer did he hear the beep code and see no display during POST. The beep code was 1 long beep, 3 short beeps. I checked online for the error associated with the code for ASUS motherboards and for the most part, it signified a conventional RAM error, so I had him reseat the RAM, and even swapped the sticks position (not the slots). Same beep code, now I myself have no idea whats causing the beep code, even ideas?
tried to update the bios to the latest using known usable gpu previously?

TheUltraMarine

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2016
I got him to update it to the latest BIOS update from November. of last year, it still doesn't show a display during POST. Now I'm going to have him reconfirm the beep code he's hearing and then get him to reseat his GPU, see how it'll go from there.
No dice.

We even switched to his old GPU to ensure that the VGA adapter cable wasn't the issue, it worked perfectly fine. I rechecked what the beep code means on the old ASUS Service website, and it means that there's no VGA detected. Since we've deduced that the issue wasn't the RAM, the BIOS, or the cable, it has to be the GPU considering he bought it used, he'll be taking it to a tech friend of his to test the GPU in his build to ultimately make certain if the GPU is busted.

UPDATE: GPU is indeed screwed. He took it to the tech friend and it did the same exact thing on his own setup, powers on, but no display, verifying it's a display input issue with the card. He's gonna return it and look for a new one.

Last edited:
Solution