Friends can hear my desktop audio sounds

Status
Not open for further replies.

jack1998burns

Prominent
Aug 17, 2017
Hi, a couple days ago I have started encountering a problem with my Logitech G430 headset. Friends in Discord suddenly started saying that they can hear my windows, audio sounds, YouTube videos and in game sounds. It only appears to be the loudest sounds and that leads me to believe that my headphones are just bleeding. However, my Discord is also the loudest out of all of the stuff that happens on my PC and its strange that my friends have never complained about hearing themselves so maybe its another hardware issue altogether.

I have looked at other threads on this site that say to disable all other devices which I have done. Any advice will be greatly helpful.

Solution
Try another headset if at all possible. Try your headset on another computer or device. Determine if the problem stays with your PC or follows the headset.

Carefully inspect the headset's cable and plug for signs of damage. Use a magnifying glass.

Run the built-in Windows Troubleshooters. They may find and fix some problem. ("WIN" + "I" > "Update & security" > "Troubleshoot")

Right click the small speaker icon usually in the lower right screen corner.

Go into "Recording devices" and start checking all of the various windows, tabs, and properties settings.

Do not change anything at first. Just explore the current configuration settings and options. Take a look at "Playback devices" as well.

Lots of options available...

Ralston18

Titan
Try another headset if at all possible. Try your headset on another computer or device. Determine if the problem stays with your PC or follows the headset.

Carefully inspect the headset's cable and plug for signs of damage. Use a magnifying glass.

Run the built-in Windows Troubleshooters. They may find and fix some problem. ("WIN" + "I" > "Update & security" > "Troubleshoot")

Right click the small speaker icon usually in the lower right screen corner.

Go into "Recording devices" and start checking all of the various windows, tabs, and properties settings.

Do not change anything at first. Just explore the current configuration settings and options. Take a look at "Playback devices" as well.

Lots of options available. Hopefully it is just an audio related setting that needs to be corrected or changed.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.