Friends can here all audio playing on my computer when my MIC is active

peanutmanak47

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2011
So I was playing a game with my friends last night and they said they could hear everything going on in my game. My friend says it's not high quality and sounds more like it would be picked up as if it was being recorded though separate speakers.

I am using Hyperx Cloud 2 headphones, but I also tested and it did the same thing with Corsair HS50 headphones. The issue only happens when my MIC cord is plugged into the computer. On my headphones the MIC can be removed and when I do that they can still hear my audio.

Things I've tried

Using from audio ports, rear audio ports and usb sound card both headhphones
Disabled all non used audio devices
Stereo mix is disabled
Resinstalled Realtek audio drivers multiple times
Uninstalled all audio drivers and used default windows ones
Made sure that listen to device for mic is turned off
Tried using Steam, Twitch chat, and Discord and the issue is there on all 3

So I've ruled out it being a headphone issue. Doesn't seem like an audio driver issue as I've used both default Microsoft drivers and Realtek drivers. Only thing that I can narrow it down to is the Microphone port. Like I said above, if I have the MIC unplugged from the computer, nothing is transmitted. But if it's plugged in, even with my MIC muted or detatched from my headphones, my friends can still hear all my sound.

I'm using an ASUS Z270-a Prime MOBO if that helps at all.

peanutmanak47

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2011
Well after 3 days of messing around with this I finally found the answer. I had to go into Asus Realtek HD Audio Manager and go to my MIC and turn ON "Acoustic Echo Cancellation". I never thought of turning it on because everything I read about people having this issue, people kept saying to make sure that option was turned off.