friends cant join public ip after portforwarding correctly and port is open

Feb 2, 2019
Hi, my name is Thor and i have problem with my minecraft server since when i start my server i can join with 192.168.0.2, localhost, 127.0.0.1 but i cant join with my public ip. (my friends cant join either with my public ip and port 25565. i checked and on every webiste when i started the minecraft server it says 25565 is open. (when i close the server it does not say open) i turned off firewall on my computer and every antivirus program i have is uninstalled and even made rules in the firewall(firewall is disabled) so the port 25565 should work. i feel i have done everything correct and i have watched like every tutorial on youtube how to fix problems and i have done everything but it still dont work. please help me.

first thing I would check is to see if you can connect to the port from another PC, laptop or phone on either wired or wifi on your local network (if possible try to join the game on the other pc, that's the best local test).

If that's good then you can proceed to check the router port forward, check with whatismyip for your internet address and canyouseeme to check the port. Maybe list your setup, what pc/laptop you have it running on what OS (win7, win10 etc), what model your router is, if you are connected via ethernet or wifi (and adapter) and what your ISP is (DO NOT post your internet IP pls!! )

Feb 2, 2019

i can join with 192.168.0.2:25565 on other computer that is connected with ethernet. and my port is portforwarded(i check and it says it is open when i have started the server) my setup is i7 8700k and 1080 ti, 500gb ssd and win 10.

i have mobile broadband so my first problem was that my isp didnt work with port forward but i contacted them and then they fixed. so i can portforward and the port is open when i check. i dont know but when it says the port is open it cant be the ISP that prevents it from working?

If the canyouseeme port check is good, that should mean the port fowarding is working and the ISP has fixed it - others should be able to join the game once you give them your whatismyip address, so I am at a loss. If you have a vpn client on the other PC you can test using the vpn connection to your server externally for more detailed troubleshooting...

Feb 2, 2019

i have done everything. port is forwarded and everything is correct. i cant join with public ip :(