[SOLVED] Friend's laptop (Acer Nitro 5) has started having screen issues

May 1, 2020
Hello everyone, i just had my friend contact me over a problem she had with her laptop, apparently her laptop's screen just basically breaks time to time like in the image i've provided, she said it happened once when it was just plugged in, and a few times randomly.
It's causing her to lose important progress on her work so i tried to help but i'm really stuck.

I figured it could be some kind of mobo or GPU issue but have no idea or experience with fixing such an error, i couldn't google it either due to not being sure how to phrase the problem.

Image of error: https://ibb.co/19zw6yp
(couldn't put it in the thread due to an error, sorry)

Solution
could be the video cable on the laptop breaking. check to see if a friend really knows what they are doing to see if they can open laptop to see whats really going on.
D

Deleted member 14196

Yeah she needs a new laptop because fixing it isn’t going to be worth it at this point that’s failing hardware

If it’s under warranty get it fixed if not you’ll need a new one

Flashgo1

Reputable
Mar 11, 2016
could be the video cable on the laptop breaking. check to see if a friend really knows what they are doing to see if they can open laptop to see whats really going on.

Solution
May 1, 2020
Yeah she needs a new laptop because fixing it isn’t going to be worth it at this point that’s failing hardware

If it’s under warranty get it fixed if not you’ll need a new one
I think it's under warranty, atleast thats what i remember.
You're right, it probably is the best thing to do, i just asked here to be sure if it is failing hardware or a simpler problem.

Now that i think about it the computer has many other issues i remember hearing, with windows failing to boot once every two-three times, thanks for the advice.

May 1, 2020
could be the video cable on the laptop breaking. but at this point, if it is a low end laptop that is out of warrenty. its cheaper to replace. unless you have a friend that REALLY knows what he is doing.
It is a mid-low range laptop, it is still under warranty apparently, gonna tell her to send it under warranty.