[SOLVED] Friend's Mother's Laptop is broken

Fatblabs

Commendable
Jun 29, 2021
Recently my Friend's Mother's laptop is broken. He says that whenever he turns on the laptop, the HP logo pops up and then freezes and then shuts down completely.

(sorry if this isn't enough info this is all that my friend told me)
What seems to be the problem?
Model number of his mother's pc: RTL8723BENF

Any possible troubleshooting to help identify the problem? (removing parts is fine)

Last edited:
Solution
If it's showing a splash screen is indication that it's trying to POST. HP are rather funny about the key you have to hit in order to get BIOS, but assuming I am right you should be able to do that. From there you should be able to tell if BIOS is seeing the (presumable) HDD.

USAFRet

Titan
Recently my Friend's Mother's laptop is broken. He says that whenever he turns on the laptop, the HP logo pops up and then freezes and then shuts down completely.

(sorry if this isn't enough info this is all that my friend told me)
What seems to be the problem?
Model number of his mother's pc: RTL8723BENF
Fixing by proxy rarely works.

You have no real idea what is wrong, and we out here have even less.

Reactions: Fatblabs

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
If it's showing a splash screen is indication that it's trying to POST. HP are rather funny about the key you have to hit in order to get BIOS, but assuming I am right you should be able to do that. From there you should be able to tell if BIOS is seeing the (presumable) HDD.

Reactions: Fatblabs
Solution

Fatblabs

Commendable
Jun 29, 2021
I will tell him to try that out, thanks!