Frimware for Matshita SR-8586?

Can anyone tell me where I might be able to get hold of a copy of the
firmware for my Matshita SR-8586 DVD Drive? It came along with my
Performance 800 PC and I made the mistake of upgrading it's bios by using a
version I found floating around on the internet. Since then the drive keeps
stopping every 15 minutes. I bought my PC in the UK, but Gateway are no
longer in the UK. I use Win XP Pro.
Any asistance appreciated.
TIA.
Eos.

Matsushita is a brand name for Panasonic - perhaps if you go to
http://www.pasc.panasonic.com/eparts/ and click on "feedback" they can
provide you with the information you require. I would think that the
likliehood of any member of the newsgroup having the software update you
require would be very slim.

Good luck!

"Eos" <FreeSoft@(SkipTheBrackets)Tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
> Can anyone tell me where I might be able to get hold of a copy of the
> firmware for my Matshita SR-8586 DVD Drive? It came along with my
> Performance 800 PC and I made the mistake of upgrading it's bios by using
> a version I found floating around on the internet. Since then the drive
> keeps stopping every 15 minutes. I bought my PC in the UK, but Gateway are
> no longer in the UK. I use Win XP Pro.
> Any asistance appreciated.
> TIA.
> Eos.

You wouldn't happen to have the part number, would you? Or look here:

http://search.support.gateway.com/iphrase/query?command=text&attr1=&attr2=&render=1&text=MATISHITA%20DVD-ROM%20SR-8586%20firmware&s=0000&t=0&q=20&w=on&datafrontpage=yes&c0=e:12//sitemap%20entitlement//:eq//eSupport&c=e:8//iphrase%20meta%20topic//:eq//Search%20All%20Support

May have to copy & paste the URL. HTH
--
Louie
Chiefland, FL, USA 29.30N 82.52W

"Eos" <FreeSoft@(SkipTheBrackets)Tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
> Can anyone tell me where I might be able to get hold of a copy of the
> firmware for my Matshita SR-8586 DVD Drive? It came along with my
> Performance 800 PC and I made the mistake of upgrading it's bios by using
> version I found floating around on the internet. Since then the drive
keeps
> stopping every 15 minutes. I bought my PC in the UK, but Gateway are no
> longer in the UK. I use Win XP Pro.
> Any asistance appreciated.
> TIA.
> Eos.

---

Try www.driverguide.com
Login: drivers
Password: all

Ty

"Eos" <FreeSoft@(SkipTheBrackets)Tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
> Can anyone tell me where I might be able to get hold of a copy of the
> firmware for my Matshita SR-8586 DVD Drive? It came along with my
> Performance 800 PC and I made the mistake of upgrading it's bios by using
> version I found floating around on the internet. Since then the drive
keeps
> stopping every 15 minutes. I bought my PC in the UK, but Gateway are no
> longer in the UK. I use Win XP Pro.
> Any asistance appreciated.
> TIA.
> Eos.

Thanks everyone! I'm sure I'll find what I'm looking for now.
Eos.