Fritzbox 7490 DECT wireless with incoming call noise

4DC_Resin_Smoker

Honorable
Jun 10, 2012
I've recently installed the Fritzbox 7490: http://avm.de/produkte/fritzbox/fritzbox-7490/

fritzbox_7490_front_stiftung_warentest_de_800x350.png

While the internet , wireless and outgoing calls work flawlessly, the incoming calls have an extreme amount of noise to the point where it's usable. Obviously when this happens, I hang-up and call the party back (same phone).

Note: Using a wireless home phone via DECT, Digital Enhanced Cordless Telecommunications (Digital European Cordless Telecommunications), usually known by the acronym DECT, is a standard primarily used for creating cordless phone systems.

Anyone have experience with the 7490 and if so any ideas on what i can try to remedy this situation?

Thanks in advance !

Gentleman Jim

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2015
What is the Ghz rating on your phone? If it is 2.4 then it may be interfering with the routers frequency. They make 1.9 Ghz phones and I had to get one of these which made a difference on the call quality. Also whoever you have your phoe service with ask them what the port numbers are for their phone system and go into your router and do port forwarding as this will also help with the incoming call quality.

4DC_Resin_Smoker

Honorable
Jun 10, 2012
Apparently the issue was with the Telecom codec not being supported by the 4790. Seams that Telecom is attempting to prevent 3rd party vendors from providing support for their products. Thus when users run into issues later on, they're forced to come back to telecom for a fix. Was able to resolve this issue by replacing the DECT phone with a non-Telecom model.