[FrLg] Where Is Staryu?

I don't actually have Fire Red or Leaf Green yet (I'm waiting until my
next credit card bill comes), but I'm considering recreating the
original team of my first PW character, Smasher. If I recall correctly,
that means I'll need a Staryu, a Clefairy (maybe), a Zubat, a Growlithe,
a Cubone, and a (Surfing) Pikachu. My question is, will I be able to
catch a Staryu by the time I need to use Surf? Also, will any of these
make a suitable HM slave?

--

Chet "Tech" Weaver

AIM: PanGatomon
MSN: Nichirasu@hotmail.com
eMail: zeroohki at netscape dot net
Yahoo! Messenger: tech_weaver
ICQ: 122744531

My Adventure Quest character:

Chet Weaver - Chicks Dig Giant Robots <zeroohki@netscape.net> wrote in

> I don't actually have Fire Red or Leaf Green yet (I'm waiting until my
> next credit card bill comes), but I'm considering recreating the
> original team of my first PW character, Smasher. If I recall correctly,
> that means I'll need a Staryu, a Clefairy (maybe), a Zubat, a Growlithe,
> a Cubone, and a (Surfing) Pikachu. My question is, will I be able to
> catch a Staryu by the time I need to use Surf? Also, will any of these
> make a suitable HM slave?
Can you actually get a Surf pikachu in FR/LG?
I was so peeved when I realised that the surf pikachu and earthquaking
gligar I worked so hard to get,(and suffered actual pain in getting) were
no longer available to me.
Ted

--
Evil is such a negative term........
I prefer differently moraled.

weirdwolf wrote:

> Chet Weaver - Chicks Dig Giant Robots <zeroohki@netscape.net> wrote in
>

>>I don't actually have Fire Red or Leaf Green yet (I'm waiting until my
>>next credit card bill comes), but I'm considering recreating the
>>original team of my first PW character, Smasher. If I recall correctly,
>>that means I'll need a Staryu, a Clefairy (maybe), a Zubat, a Growlithe,
>>a Cubone, and a (Surfing) Pikachu. My question is, will I be able to
>>catch a Staryu by the time I need to use Surf? Also, will any of these
>>make a suitable HM slave?
>
> Can you actually get a Surf pikachu in FR/LG?

If I thought I could, I wouldn't be asking about Staryu now, would I?

Anyway, I'm pretty certain you can't get a surfing Pikachu by normal
means. Smasher himself had to trade from Lt. Surge with siamese twin
Pikachus (neither of which are possible in any game, by the way). I
only mentioned a surfing Pikachu because Smasher had one. It was meant
more as a joke, really.

--

weirdwolf <weirdwolfnospam@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:<Xns95654367F36iy0e6iurha8reg.ark.k@130.133.1.4>...
> Chet Weaver - Chicks Dig Giant Robots <zeroohki@netscape.net> wrote in
>

> > I don't actually have Fire Red or Leaf Green yet (I'm waiting until my
> > next credit card bill comes), but I'm considering recreating the
> > original team of my first PW character, Smasher. If I recall correctly,
> > that means I'll need a Staryu, a Clefairy (maybe), a Zubat, a Growlithe,
> > a Cubone, and a (Surfing) Pikachu. My question is, will I be able to
> > catch a Staryu by the time I need to use Surf? Also, will any of these
> > make a suitable HM slave?
> Can you actually get a Surf pikachu in FR/LG?
> I was so peeved when I realised that the surf pikachu and earthquaking
> gligar I worked so hard to get,(and suffered actual pain in getting) were
> no longer available to me.

Okay, in order...

Staryu can be caught only in Leaf Green by fishing in Pallet Town,
Vermilion City, Cinnibar Island, One Island, Five Island, and the Four
Island Icefall Cave. Just use the Super Rod.

Surfing Pikachus can be obtained via Pokémon Box; don't know the
particulars, however.

Chet Weaver - Chicks Dig Giant Robots wrote:

> I don't actually have Fire Red or Leaf Green yet (I'm waiting until my
> next credit card bill comes), but I'm considering recreating the
> original team of my first PW character, Smasher. If I recall correctly,
> that means I'll need a Staryu, a Clefairy (maybe), a Zubat, a Growlithe,
> a Cubone, and a (Surfing) Pikachu. My question is, will I be able to
> catch a Staryu by the time I need to use Surf? Also, will any of these
> make a suitable HM slave?

Surfing Pikachu? Sorry, not Surf allowed

Staryu-need the Super Rod. Pallet Town, Vermillion City, Cinnabar
Island,One Island, Five Island. ONLY in Leaf Green

Fire Red get Shellder in place of Staryu

You can Fly back to Pallet Town or Vermillion to fish up a Staryu before
going on the Surfcapade

> weirdwolf wrote:
>
>> Chet Weaver - Chicks Dig Giant Robots <zeroohki@netscape.net> wrote in
>>

>>>I don't actually have Fire Red or Leaf Green yet (I'm waiting until my
>>>next credit card bill comes), but I'm considering recreating the
>>>original team of my first PW character, Smasher. If I recall
correctly,
>>>that means I'll need a Staryu, a Clefairy (maybe), a Zubat, a
Growlithe,
>>>a Cubone, and a (Surfing) Pikachu. My question is, will I be able to
>>>catch a Staryu by the time I need to use Surf? Also, will any of
these
>>>make a suitable HM slave?
>>
>> Can you actually get a Surf pikachu in FR/LG?
>>
> If I thought I could, I wouldn't be asking about Staryu now, would I?
>
> Anyway, I'm pretty certain you can't get a surfing Pikachu by normal
> means. Smasher himself had to trade from Lt. Surge with siamese twin
> Pikachus (neither of which are possible in any game, by the way). I
> only mentioned a surfing Pikachu because Smasher had one. It was meant
> more as a joke, really.
Sorry bit dim this evening,well and everyother evening and in fact tim
of day to be perfectly truthfull, ok ok I'm just a total thicko! there
you've forced it out of me, happy now? <sniffsniff>
I do try to read the PW stuff on occasion but my rather fragmented
internet access has rather put the kibosh on the continued reading
required in order to follow the convoluted plot lines. That and of course
I accidently read two whole stories that Shakk wrote.
Ted

--
Evil is such a negative term........
I prefer differently moraled.
\ /
0 0
°
~

Chet Weaver - Chicks Dig Giant Robots <zeroohki@netscape.net> wrote in

> weirdwolf wrote:
>
>> Chet Weaver - Chicks Dig Giant Robots <zeroohki@netscape.net> wrote in
>>

>>>I don't actually have Fire Red or Leaf Green yet (I'm waiting until my
>>>next credit card bill comes), but I'm considering recreating the
>>>original team of my first PW character, Smasher. If I recall
correctly,
>>>that means I'll need a Staryu, a Clefairy (maybe), a Zubat, a
Growlithe,
>>>a Cubone, and a (Surfing) Pikachu. My question is, will I be able to
>>>catch a Staryu by the time I need to use Surf? Also, will any of
these
>>>make a suitable HM slave?
>>
>> Can you actually get a Surf pikachu in FR/LG?
>>
> If I thought I could, I wouldn't be asking about Staryu now, would I?
>
> Anyway, I'm pretty certain you can't get a surfing Pikachu by normal
> means. Smasher himself had to trade from Lt. Surge with siamese twin
> Pikachus (neither of which are possible in any game, by the way). I
> only mentioned a surfing Pikachu because Smasher had one. It was meant
> more as a joke, really.
Sorry bit dim this evening,well and everyother evening and in fact any
time of day to be perfectly truthfull, ok ok I'm just a total thicko!
there you've forced it out of me, happy now? <sniffsniff>
I do try to read the PW stuff on occasion but my rather fragmented
internet access has rather put the kibosh on the continued reading
required in order to follow the convoluted plot lines. That and of course
I accidently read two whole stories that Shakk wrote.
Ted

--
Evil is such a negative term........
I prefer differently moraled.
\ /
0 0
°
~

Chet Weaver - Chicks Dig Giant Robots wrote:

> I don't actually have Fire Red or Leaf Green yet (I'm waiting until my
> next credit card bill comes), but I'm considering recreating the
> original team of my first PW character, Smasher. If I recall correctly,
> that means I'll need a Staryu, a Clefairy (maybe), a Zubat, a Growlithe,
> a Cubone, and a (Surfing) Pikachu. My question is, will I be able to
> catch a Staryu by the time I need to use Surf? Also, will any of these
> make a suitable HM slave?

Unless you have both versions, you won't be able to do that. Growlithe
is only in Fire, while Staryu is only in Leaf.

And I'll say it again: http://pokefor.tk/

-- White Cat
http://pokedex.kary.ca/