Frobable Cause : Thanks for all the help

G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

Thanks everyone for lending help with the level.

I don't think it is fair for you folks to keep
reading my pissing and moaning about the level.

After seeing the third guard in the basement.

Also his ability to wack Garret three sword swipes
to one of Garrets. That's when I said enough is
enough.. time to toss in the towel. The game kicked
my butt and thats all there is to it.

I've decided for everyones eyes to give up on
this level and call it a lost effort.

Thankyou everyone for trying to see me through.....

I guess I will have to watch fan missions that have low
amounts of startup gear and say woops. This is not my
kind of level and remove the files from my system,

Can't see making folks see my whining over what was meant to
be fun versus frustration.

Guess some of us are better at fan missions than others....


Geneve


--
"If confused why this or that is going on."
"I suggest you go to http://www.timdoc.com"
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

On 24 Mar 2005 21:20:39 -0800, Geneve <a@n.com> wrote:

>
>Thanks everyone for lending help with the level.
>
>I don't think it is fair for you folks to keep
>reading my pissing and moaning about the level.
>
>After seeing the third guard in the basement.
>
>Also his ability to wack Garret three sword swipes
>to one of Garrets. That's when I said enough is
>enough.. time to toss in the towel. The game kicked
>my butt and thats all there is to it.
>
>I've decided for everyones eyes to give up on
>this level and call it a lost effort.
>
>Thankyou everyone for trying to see me through.....
>
>I guess I will have to watch fan missions that have low
>amounts of startup gear and say woops. This is not my
>kind of level and remove the files from my system,
>
>Can't see making folks see my whining over what was meant to
>be fun versus frustration.
>
>Guess some of us are better at fan missions than others....
>
>
>Geneve

You'll get better with time. I know that I don't think twice about doing
stuff in Thief that would have made me cringe in terror a few years ago.
Just keep your fan mission downloads and you can do them again during a
mission dry spell. :)

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
http://home.comcast.net/~safehex/
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

Geneve wrote:

> Thanks everyone for lending help with the level.
>
> I don't think it is fair for you folks to keep
> reading my pissing and moaning about the level.
>
(snip)
> Can't see making folks see my whining over what was meant to
> be fun versus frustration.
>
> Guess some of us are better at fan missions than others....
>
>
> Geneve

Geneve,
Don't give up so easy. If you need more help, just ask. That is what
we all come here for. Of e-mail me and I can help you out with it more.
When it comes to sword fighting, I usually avoid is all together, but
I never use the block option in sword fighting. That will block parts of
the sword from doing damage on you.
Albert
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 13:04:44 GMT, Albert Conklin <aconklin@satx.rr.com>
wrote:

>Geneve wrote:
>
>> Thanks everyone for lending help with the level.
>>
>> I don't think it is fair for you folks to keep
>> reading my pissing and moaning about the level.
>>
>(snip)
>> Can't see making folks see my whining over what was meant to
>> be fun versus frustration.
>>
>> Guess some of us are better at fan missions than others....
>>
>>
>> Geneve
>
>Geneve,
> Don't give up so easy. If you need more help, just ask. That is what
>we all come here for. Of e-mail me and I can help you out with it more.
> When it comes to sword fighting, I usually avoid is all together, but
>I never use the block option in sword fighting. That will block parts of
>the sword from doing damage on you.
>Albert

I use my sword for evil, vicious banners and wall hangings. They must all
die!

And if it's enchanted, sometimes for the undead. Never for the living.

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
http://home.comcast.net/~safehex/
 

spud

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001
3,406
0
20,780
Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 13:04:44 GMT, Albert Conklin
<aconklin@satx.rr.com> wrote:

>Geneve wrote:
>
>> Thanks everyone for lending help with the level.
>>
>> I don't think it is fair for you folks to keep
>> reading my pissing and moaning about the level.
>>
>(snip)
>> Can't see making folks see my whining over what was meant to
>> be fun versus frustration.
>>
>> Guess some of us are better at fan missions than others....
>>
>>
>> Geneve
>
>Geneve,
> Don't give up so easy. If you need more help, just ask. That is what
>we all come here for. Of e-mail me and I can help you out with it more.
> When it comes to sword fighting, I usually avoid is all together, but
>I never use the block option in sword fighting. That will block parts of
>the sword from doing damage on you.
>Albert

You can bj the 2 thieves in the corridor quite easily - lurk in the
shadows at the corner and when the 1st one turns away follow him and
biff him from behind. Scurry back round the corner, hide again and
repeat for #2.

The chap in the room with the bot is best bj'd as well. Leave the
bot alone to start with. Crouch against the wall and creep round the
room clockwise - it's quite easy, they won't see you if you tap along
or use the Creep key. Biff the guard when you reach him, and then
deal with the bot - I use a couple of water arrows to put his fire
out.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 16:14:11 +0000, Spud <spud@tatties.com> wrote:

>You can bj the 2 thieves in the corridor quite easily - lurk in the
>shadows at the corner and when the 1st one turns away follow him and
>biff him from behind. Scurry back round the corner, hide again and
>repeat for #2.

Sure, remember if all goes wrong that you can climb ladders while they
cannot. Heck they can't even see you holding onto a ladder if you climb a
ways up. Silly guards, just like real life. Oops, I didn't mean to say
that last bit out loud.

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
http://home.comcast.net/~safehex/
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 16:14:11 +0000 Spud said :
>
>The chap in the room with the bot is best bj'd as well. Leave the
>bot alone to start with. Crouch against the wall and creep round the
>room clockwise - it's quite easy, they won't see you if you tap along
>or use the Creep key. Biff the guard when you reach him, and then
>deal with the bot - I use a couple of water arrows to put his fire
>out.
>

Tried that. The light gem lite up and he went after Garret and
Garret died. The machine was already water arrowed though.


--
"If confused why this or that is going on."
"I suggest you go to http://www.timdoc.com"
 

TRENDING THREADS