from 10, to 7 back to 10

breakingfelony

Reputable
Aug 1, 2014
Hello,

I am wondering what would happen if I downgraded a Toshiba Satellite Pro R50-B-12P from Windows 10 Pro (Given through update from Windows 7 Pro) to Windows 7 Enterprise then if need be back to 10. This is a school laptop that was not bought for the use within school but is now have to be used within the domain and my manager doesn't want Windows 10 on only a handful of machine.

I do have a product key from the system using produkey.

Colif

Win 11 Master
A PC registered on Win 10 once will always work on Win 10 again if parts are the same. The only problem you face is drivers and other licences, but your Win 10 licence will work as soon as you reinstall win 10 Pro again.

You don't need to worry about Win 10 key, Microsoft have a record of your PC on a database and when you try to reinstall it, PC will match the product ID to machine ID and reactivate PC for you. When you get to screen in install asking for key, click "I don't have one" and Win 10 will work it self out

breakingfelony

Reputable
Aug 1, 2014

I know there wasn't update from Enterprise but was more wondering because they came with Windows 7 professional and we use Windows Enterprise SP1 withour schools programs, if I had updated one from the default Windows installed on the laptop to Windows 10 and then used our school Windows Enterprise SP1 if I could put them back to Windows 10 at a later date.

USAFRet

Titan

Unknown.
This would be up to your system admins. Your Volume licensing agreement with MS may address this.