From a R9 380 OC (2GB) to a GeForce® GTX 1060 Mini ITX OC 6G is a good upgrade?

iskander1989

Prominent
Jan 23, 2018
Well, my PC specs are currently:

I5 7400
8GB DDR4
R9 380 OC (2gb version)

I'm studying to buy a GeForce® GTX 1060 Mini ITX OC 6G from Gigabyte, but i would like to know if that would be a good upgrade. My Usage is for AFx, Photoshop (1gb or more files) and gaming (not hardcore gaming).

Thanks in advance!

Whether it's a good upgrade is based on you. Ask yourself "am i dissatisfied with my current performance" or "is the extra performance worth the money to me?" If you answer no to either, then maybe think about investing money somewhere else. As far as the raw hardware, you'll notice somewhere in the neighborhood of 50% more performance in games, more for some recent AAA titles that use a lot of VRAM. Unless you're a professional editor and time is money, I personally wouldn't upgrade for Afx or photoshop.

iskander1989

Prominent
Jan 23, 2018

Yeah, my main concern is if the GTX 1060 will bring me more performance for editing, because i work exclusively editing videos and photos for living. I would consider buying a Quadro too, but i think they're still too expensive. So i've found someone selling this GTX 1060 and i just wanted to make sure if worth doing the upgrade.

TRENDING THREADS