From am3 to fm1

Zinc191

Commendable
Dec 31, 2016
Pc name : Hp pro 3125 mt

Hello there I currently have an AMD 760G chipset and am planning to move to Asus A58 M-E motherboard. My pc power cable is of 3 ,USB , Audio and the actual power button cable I guess. I've seen in other articles that apparently HP power cables only are compatible with its own motherboard and not others. Just wanted to know as I'm really eager to by an upgraded motherboard. Thanks

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
if it is a preassembled pc and you plan on keeping the case and the psu?

yes, some hp cases will use a special type of connector for power led, power button, hard disk activity led, reset button and usb fornt connectors

if you search for the model of the pc, there is some converters to make the panel work with a normal mainboard if it is required

Zinc191

Commendable
Dec 31, 2016
PLanning to keep case, btw I compared the new motherboard with my current and it looks like all the wires will fit in nicely. But I just want to know it it'll work xD

It's a different SOCKET so it won't support any CPU or APU you have already. You can use PCPARTPICKER to compare parts, and also just go to the actual MOTHERBOARD site and look at the "CPU Support List".

WHY are you planning to switch?

It's only an "upgraded" motherboard if it does something the other does not. If you need USB3 or some other feature you can get an addon card.

So again, if you change socket you need to:
a) buy new CPU or APU
b) reinstall Windows (may need to buy a new copy)

RYZEN has new CPU's and a new AM4 motherboard. If you were upgrading to get a much better CPU then that's the way to go, not FM1 (and the one you linked is FM2+). If you do NOT need a new CPU then there's no value in upgrading. You can get a different, compatible board to do what you want or buy an addon card.

Zinc191

Commendable
Dec 31, 2016
Forget to mention that the motherboard I'm planning to get already has an installed CPU so it's like I'm just changing my motherboard tbh

Also my bad the new motherboard is FM2+