News From Big Navi to Big Wheels? AMD Sells Bikes Now

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Shadowclash10

Prominent
May 3, 2020
This is a step in the wrong direction. The bicycle market is a very specialized one. And I am sure that many of the AMD users are bikers too. You just don’t sell cheap Chinese steel bikes with your name on it. The same way you don’t sell Gildan t-shirts with your company’s name on it. Promotional products should be so good that potential new customers and fans alike associate their good experience using them with the trademark they announce.
Yeah, like... LTT. Yeah, they sell merch and not other stuff, but their stuff is pretty good quality. Oh gosh, you should hear Linus every WAN show complaining to high heaven about inventory, and how bad quality most distributors hve :p.

Shadowclash10

Prominent
May 3, 2020
I sure some of us hating on AMD are hating on AMD because.... hating on AMD, amirite :p :p :p.

But seriously tho - I do like AMD products and I don't have any problem buying their prodcts when they're good. I mean, I would likely have gone full AMD (RX 5700 XT I guess) for my PC simply becuse of the value (but I got a very good deal on a 2060S). But this bike - everyone should hate on the bike :p.

Chung Leong

Reputable
Dec 6, 2019
If they can make $150 from each bike sold then it's a pretty good deal for them as long as they are "drop shipping" them. Producing each bike only after it was ordered.
If they produced a run of them it would kinda justify the price more since it's a pretty big risk unless china is hot for AMD logoed bikes right now.

I bet you these bikes are meant as gifts to employees first and foremost. AMD had a good year. A free bike is an inexpensive way of saying thank you to employees. And if they exercise more and are healthier as a result, so much the better. If an employee wants an extra one, he can buy it at the gift shop. Prices are kept high so stocks don't get run down so quickly.

These bikes can also be useful at college recruit events. "Fill out this questionnaire for a chance to win this beautiful bike, valued at $300!"

Soaptrail

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2015
Finally something usefull! More of these Do we get Nvdia green bike version soon? How Many gears it will have? We need benchmark for these new products!

Useful until you turn the handle bars and snap that front brake cable because it has zero extra length, it is not even attached to the frame!

ug8PLZunqoqcjdJmo7HXe9-650-80.png.webp