Hi.
I installed The Sims 2 with the 4 cd of a friend of mine.
Now, I want to install University, but my friend isn't here, and so I don't
have any original disk. when I tried to install University, it asked me to
insert disk 4 to install the patch (I didn't patch it before), so I wasn't
able to go on!
So, 1st question: is there any way to install the official patch without the
original cd?
2nd question (if the answer to the first is "no"): if I buy the dvd version
of The Sims 2, will it work, even if I installed it with the cds? When it
asks me to insert disk4, if I insert the dvd, will it work? or will I need
to install The Sims 2 again?

thank you
Lorenzo
p.s.: sorry for my English, but I'm Italian... :)

On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 10:44:23 +0200, Lorenzo <lorenzosabattini@libero.it>
wrote:

> 2nd question (if the answer to the first is "no"): if I buy the dvd
> version
> of The Sims 2, will it work, even if I installed it with the cds? When it
> asks me to insert disk4, if I insert the dvd, will it work? or will I
> need
> to install The Sims 2 again?

That's hard to say, since people who have bought the CD version probably
didn't buy the DVD also! But you are not lost in any case. You can backup
your Sims neighborhoods by making a copy, then drag them back afterwards
if you needed to install again. Look in your "My documents" folder, there
should be an EA Games folder, and in it a Sims 2 folder, and there you can
find neighborhoods. So even if you need to install, you can start playing
again a few minutes later. If you need to do this, be sure to copy back
the neighborhoods BEFORE you install University. University does something
with your neighborhoods, I think, making them playable in University and
no longer playable in the original Sims 2.

good sign." -G