Question From experience, what monitor would you recommend for a 3D animation student?

gremlin3378

Reputable
Jul 27, 2015
I've been using the Asus VX238H-W. I'm looking for a monitor for 3d animation and photorgaphy purposes. I'm currently an animation student, but also plan to do some freelance photography work. I also do a bit of gaming, mostly single player cinematic and RPGs. I've been looking at the SW2700PT($599) for a while now and thought it would be the perfect monitor for photography purposes with the 99% adobe coverage. I also liked that it had the separate B+W mode. However, I recently found the Benq EW3270U ($499) which offers 4k resolution, freesync, and a 3000:1 static contrast ratio. While it doesn't cover as much of the adobe color space as the SW2700PT, it does cover 88% of it which I would still consider to be acceptable. I've also considered the LG27UK650-W($499)

Anybody who could share their experiences with these monitors would be greatly appreciated. Also, If their is another monitor that you think might serve my purposes better, please share. should I be concerned about the 3000:1 vs 1000:1 contrast ratio? I'm worried that I might benefit when creating darker content. I could be wrong.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS