[SOLVED] From Intel i5 7500 to AMD Ryzen 3700x

Ben Ellis (AreX)

Prominent
Jun 15, 2020
With the release of Modern Warfare Warzone, my CPU (i5 7500) was bottlenecking. So i decided to upgrade and i have bought a new ASRock B450 Pro4 and a Ryzen 7 3700x, what would i go with doing prior to installing and installing the CPU and afterwards. (I have never installed a CPU or any component before and i also want to keep my items on my pc such as games etc).

Solution
maybe you should look on youtube on how to install the CPU, its not hard but has to be done a certain exact way, once the CPU is in the motherboard socket, you then have to install the cooler, RAM and a hard drive, you may also have to update Bios to newest version to work with 3rd Gen Ryzen , some motherboards require a 2nd Gen processor installed in order to update bios, I'm not sure if yours does or even what version Bios you may have (it very well may be newest)

Gfost73

Reputable
Mar 23, 2019
maybe you should look on youtube on how to install the CPU, its not hard but has to be done a certain exact way, once the CPU is in the motherboard socket, you then have to install the cooler, RAM and a hard drive, you may also have to update Bios to newest version to work with 3rd Gen Ryzen , some motherboards require a 2nd Gen processor installed in order to update bios, I'm not sure if yours does or even what version Bios you may have (it very well may be newest)

Reactions: Ben Ellis (AreX)
Solution