Apr 11, 2019
Hello Everyone

I was thinking of doing an upgrade on my computer and i might need some help from people with far more knowledge and experience. It is not something I really need before august 2019 and therefore i want to consider things that are upcomming like the new Ryzen gen. The computer will be used to stream, with high quality and gaming.

Was thinking of this setup 👇
CPU: Intel core i7-9700k 8 cores up to 4.9 GHz Turbo unlocked LGA1151 300 series 95W
GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 Dual OC 3GB <------------- this one I already have
ram:
Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4-3200 C16 BK QC - 32GB (4x8 GB)
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix B360-F Gaming, S-1151
CPUfan: Arctic Freezer 7 pro <-------------- this one I already have
Case:
NZXT H500 Black <-------------- this one I already have
Powersupply:
Corsair RM550 <-------------- this one I already have

Storage:
SSD:
WD Blue 3D NAND 1TB PC SSD - SATA III 6 Gb/s, M.2 2280 - WDS100T2B0B

Have already, but dont know if i will use them
596GB TOSHIBA MK6465GSX (SATA )
74GB INTEL SSDSA2M080G2LE (SATA (SSD))
298GB Hitachi HTS543232L9A300 (SATA )
74GB INTEL SSDSA2M080G2LE (SATA (SSD))

What do you think? will the new Gen Ryzen give more than the i7-9700k for less money? or do you have any other ideas on things to consider ? might upgrade GPU to 2080ti later on but want to use the one I have in the new set because its pretty new.
And would I have to buy a new powersupply?

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
If you can get by on your existing system for a couple of more months, I think it's worth waiting to see how things look when the Ryzen 3000 series comes out.

Without knowing the specs on your current monitor, I can't say whether the RTX 2080Ti in the future would be worthwhile.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Or, you can just add in the specs for your current monitor here, assuming you're planning on using the same monitor for the new system AND planning on keeping that monitor for the foreseeable future. That'll give us something to go on as to whether a GPU upgrade would be needed, or how powerful of a GPU you can actually make use of.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
I can't say for absolute certainty, but I would think that that the RTX 2080 non-Ti would be more than sufficient to drive your monitor at 144fps in most games. Possibly an RTX 2070 would do it as well, though I'm personally more of a 60-75Hz type of gamer myself.