[SOLVED] From ryzen 5 2600x to 7 3700x

allbies1

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2011
I'm not an expert and it would depend on the game but I would imagine @1080p around 5-10% and 1440p almost no difference becuase you will be more GPU bound. I don't think anyone would recommend upgrading from a 2600x to a 3700x especially just for gaming.

Thats what i want to hear
I agree with Mitch.

Usually at 1080p you are cpu bound.

At 1440p things get a little murky depending on game. A good test would be gears of war 5. They tell you how many fps your cpu is capable of and how many fps ypur gpu is capable of. The division 2 also has a similar benchmark.

A 3700x will be more frame time consistent so the 99% fps will be better. This is because of the larger cache, better branch prediction due to the larger cache, and improved ccx (faster) communication. ?i think theres a deeper ooe as well? But dont quote me on that. That said, this leads to more consistent frame times, but not a huge leap in performance.

Amd also has a built in advisor for your games library. They compare your rig to others and make a recommendation for better performance. If you get 60fps you'll get a green check. Otherwise the component in question will get a recommendation. I would use this utility with a grain of salt however.

Last edited:
How much increase will i get using rx 5700xt gpu
Both 1080p and 1440p l. almost no legit videos in youtube
I don't think anything noticeable. Both cpu's are strong contenders, I don't think in general you will go beyond 10 FPS gain.
OFC there are few games that are very intensively CPU bound. Like strategies or Assasin Creed.
check title by title if you will gain what you expect to gain:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=fBxtS9BpVWs&feature=emb_logo