[SOLVED] From software Games not starting up.

Spacebound

Reputable
Apr 8, 2014
Hello,

So I got this problem for a while now and am kinda desperate for help now. So as the title says I cannot start up the games from 'From Software'. These games are Dark souls 2, Dark souls 3 and their newest release Seniro Shadows Die Twice.

The first time I clean install them for the VERY first time on my pc, they work perfectly without any problems. As soon as I take a brake from the game or I close it and want to play like perhaps later on the day or next day I can't start up the game. It begins with a black screen with eventually the report that the program is not responding and the screen turning whiteish. (reinstalling doesn't give me the fresh first playtime it gave me when it was on my pc for the very first time)

My specs from my computer is:
GPU: GTX 1070 8gb KFA2
CPU: Intel I5 6600k 3.5Ghz
Mobo has been switched to a brand I cannot recall due it breaking down and the problem still apeared after that. (so I think I can close that one out of the discussion)
16gb RAM Corsair 2666mhz
with a 650 Watt power supply
Having a 2TB HDD (which all my stuff goes on Just like DS2, DS3 and Sekiro)
And a 250gb SSD for mainly windows or any other important stuff I guess ;').
With all of this running on windows 10

So I've tried most things suggested on the internet like trying to start the game after PC reboot, Unplug keyboard, mouse and controller, trying to boot with 1 screen and digging in some files/settings. I even tried getting some old drivers but all without any luck. Even deleting all my files and reinstalling doesn't help. Same as verifying on steam doesn't work or doesn't give me any result.

I hope someone has any suggestion for me hoping to fix this problems. If I'm missing information just ask away. I don't have any hope left but am willing to do a shot in the dark so thank you all in advance for willing to help me <3.

Last edited:
Solution
Is this the error you're getting and does this method help?:

Otherwise, if you move a From Software title to your SSD, does it then work?

RCFProd

Expert
Ambassador
Is this the error you're getting and does this method help?:

Reactions: Spacebound
Solution

Spacebound

Reputable
Apr 8, 2014

From all the things I've tried I would've never guessed that putting it on my C disk (my SSD) would actually fix the problem... How can the fix honestly be that simple and that I never thaught of it myself x).

I mean all I can say is thank you <3.

Reactions: RCFProd

TRENDING THREADS