[SOLVED] Front audio jack constantly disconnects when back audio is plugged in

Uterdar

Honorable
Aug 13, 2015
So as the title says, when my speakers are connected to the back panel the front end jack for the headphones constantly connects and disconnects but when I plug out the back panel audio the front works without any problems. Is there a way to use both at the same time, because it would be nice for me not to constantly turn on or off the back panel whenever I want to switch to the headphones!

P.S- This is a newer case (gigabyte c200 ) bought it last week, and the mobo (h61m-s1) is old, so I think that I didn't plug in the HD Audio so that may be the problem but I am not entirely sure!

Solution
Sadly, when it comes to mobo audio issues, you're on the mercy of drivers, software, hardware, and that they communicate properly.

Anyway - try this:
  • Uninstall audio drivers and see if you can get an older version of the driver. Same for any desktop overlay software.
  • Try to boot up using a Linux Live CD (Ubuntu, Mint, etc) and see if the audio behaves similar.
Sadly, when it comes to mobo audio issues, you're on the mercy of drivers, software, hardware, and that they communicate properly.

Anyway - try this:
  • Uninstall audio drivers and see if you can get an older version of the driver. Same for any desktop overlay software.
  • Try to boot up using a Linux Live CD (Ubuntu, Mint, etc) and see if the audio behaves similar.

Solution

Uterdar

Honorable
Aug 13, 2015

Anyway - try this:

Anyway - try this:
Alright I'll try it, in the morning. Thank you for the quick answer!

I am buying a new mobo in a month so maybe that will fix it, at least I hope it will! 😄

Uterdar

Honorable
Aug 13, 2015
Another cheap solution is to buy a "3.5mm male to two 3.5mm female" adapter that you plug in to only one of the jacks (rear) allowing both the speakers and headphones to be always available off of one port
Yea I've thought about it but since I am buying a new mobo it doesn't really matter, I was just hoping there was a fix for right now! :D

TRENDING THREADS