Front audio jack left and right flipped

Nightman

Reputable
Mar 16, 2014
I have a maximus vii hero motherboard and a corsair c70 case. For some reason, when I plug my headphones into the front jack, the left and right audio channels are flipped. This doesn't happen with the rear audio jack. Does anybody have any idea how to fix it? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Solution
It will of course, depend on the make/model/style jack and plug in use. But basically...

Remove the jack, and then look at your stereo plug end:
V8ZY9Lt.jpg

Push the plug into the jack. Match up the left ch./right ch. contacts on the plug with the contacts they touch when inserted into the jack.
ThqXYCL.jpg

Then swap those wires.

Nightman

Reputable
Mar 16, 2014

I can't find an option in the audio manager to safe my life. I have a soldering iron, what wires need to be flipped to fix it?

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
It will of course, depend on the make/model/style jack and plug in use. But basically...

Remove the jack, and then look at your stereo plug end:
V8ZY9Lt.jpg

Push the plug into the jack. Match up the left ch./right ch. contacts on the plug with the contacts they touch when inserted into the jack.
ThqXYCL.jpg

Then swap those wires.

Solution

Nightman

Reputable
Mar 16, 2014

I ended up switching two wires on the plastic hd audio thing that connects to the motherboard and that worked. Thanks for the advice though!

Xohola

Reputable
Jan 19, 2016
Which wires did you change to fix this? I have the exact same issue with a Rosewill challenger u3 case after I transferred my dell xps studio 435mt computer components into it. I know it's been a while since this topic was open but opening my own revealed no true answers. If you could answer this I would be so relieved. Also, when the audio channels were flipped, did you notice that things that should have been loud were quiet and things that should have been quiet were loud?