Question Front audio jack not detecting anything on the nzxt h510 ?

Dec 24, 2020
I just finished up my first build (asrock z77 extreme4, i7 3770, gigabyte 1660super, and ddr3 ripjaw ram) in the nzxt h510 case I went to go start a game up and realized that I have no sound coming in from my headphones using the front jack. It's not even detecting that anything is plugged in and I have no clue what to do now please help me.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
You did connect the HD AUDIO cable, coming from your front I/O, to your MoBo, right?

It looks like so:

l6YMI6T.jpg

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Besides installing HD AUDIO, next step would be installing MoBo drivers to get the 3.5mm jack (all audio actually) working.

Also, something else to try: At the back I/O (on MoBo), there is another 3.5mm jack and if you plug your headphones in there, do they work?
If they do, the issue could be with front I/O 3.5mm jack. Replacing that would fix it.
If they don't, try your headphones in another device, since chances are, your headphones are dead.

Dec 24, 2020
Besides installing HD AUDIO, next step would be installing MoBo drivers to get the 3.5mm jack (all audio actually) working.

Also, something else to try: At the back I/O (on MoBo), there is another 3.5mm jack and if you plug your headphones in there, do they work?
If they do, the issue could be with front I/O 3.5mm jack. Replacing that would fix it.
If they don't, try your headphones in another device, since chances are, your headphones are dead.
Yeah they work in the back so that's what I've resorted to using

Obiwancanabi

Proper
Dec 24, 2020
any sound when you plug in, like wear ya headphones and plug in the socket, you hear anything amplified, scratching etc, that would indicate if the sockets getting power atleast