[SOLVED] Front audio not working for x470 gaming pro carbon

Dec 2, 2018
I recently completed a build with the msi x470 gaming pro carbon and when i plugged in my earbuds, the sound was not working. After installing all drivers, the volume started working, but the microphone didn't work. When I plug in my earbuds the realtek audio thing keeps acknowledging the earbuds as speakers when it isn't. Can someone please help???

Solution
Go to Windows Controll Panel and select the Sound icon. Alternatively search for "Sound".

On the Windows Sound, make sure that your speakers are selected as the default speakers. Sometimes the digital version of Realtek gets set as default. Sometimes the graphics card digital sound gets set as default.

Once the default speakers are correct, you can configure them and test them at the same time.
Go to Windows Controll Panel and select the Sound icon. Alternatively search for "Sound".

On the Windows Sound, make sure that your speakers are selected as the default speakers. Sometimes the digital version of Realtek gets set as default. Sometimes the graphics card digital sound gets set as default.

Once the default speakers are correct, you can configure them and test them at the same time.

Solution