Question Front & back panel detect headphone aux plugged in but the speakers produce no sound. Please help!

Sep 25, 2019
I’m using:

B450 Tomahawk (non max)

Ryzen 5 3600

RTX 2060Super

Samsung EVO m.2

Seasonic Focus Plus Gold PSU

NZXT H500 case

This is my very first build. Finished building yesterday and installed all necessary drivers (several times Realtek). But for whatever reason headphones with an aux plug do not work on either front or back panel (from motherboards side, all 6 of them).

On the other hand USB headphones work fine. I tried several different types of aux cords to no avail. I can see that windows detects my aux plug headphones that are plugged in but none of them produce sound.

Things I’ve tried:
Made sure F-Panel wire was plugged in correctly on motherboard, removed it and and put it back in several times. And made sure they are placed where they’re supposed to be. Although I haven’t tried flipping them so the writing is facing upwards instead of downwards.

I did the same for the HDD AUDIO.

Put my headphones as my default sound device.

Disabled all sound enchantments.

Checked BIOS just in case to see if something was disabled there but found nothing.

Deleted and reinstalled Realtek HD universal driver several times.

Could the B450 Tomahawk be faulty? Could static electricity be the reason for it? Is the mobo the problem even or is it a software rather than hardware issue? What am I missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated since I’m feeling defeated and the RMA process where I live is a colossal pain in the ass.