[SOLVED] Front case plastic panels covering the 5.25 bay?

SpinningFan

Prominent
Dec 23, 2019
Hi. Sorry if you find this very confusing, it's not easy for me to describe things in writing. I think I'm just struggling with English here I guess...

Do you know how computers used to have optical drives? Well if you don't have one, you cover that gaping hole with a 5.25 inch panel which snaps onto the front panel (usually goes the other way around, the front panel comes with all plastic covers installed in place and if you actually have an ODD, you remove one of them and slide the ODD in that hole). I'm selling my old computer but I'm keeping my ODD, so I want to source another plastic cover for that case, but it doesn't matter what I put in google
5.25in front case panels
ODD cover
ODD panels

I get no relevant results. It honestly seems like the whole Google keeps this a secret from me :D nope, that thing doesn't exist, you're imagining stuff. Even the manual to my new case makes absolutely no mention of them, the part when you install an ODD just shows ODD sliding into place, no mention of removal of that plastic thing.

Thus, I'm asking here - what are these called? I guess they have a very special name since I get no hits... And how can I get replacement panels for my Zalman Z12 case (they have a fine mesh on them and I'd like the replacement to match the rest of them)? Moreover, the plastic got a little brittle on the case and the little pad that holds the panels in place (you know the one you push to the side a little when you want to remove it, the thingy that clicks when you put the cover in) broke off on one side - I still have the piece that broke off, what glue is my best bet to put it back on? Or would it be better to just glue the whole plastic piece, almost no one puts an ODD in their PC, let alone two (the piece that broke off is one space below the missing one that I actually have to get from Zalman).

Thanks.

Solution
It's not that there's no name, it's just that these aren't standardized parts. Things like external bay covers are proprietary to the cases themselves, so you don't really see that many replacements. Your best bet for these is to contact Zalman here as well.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
It's not that there's no name, it's just that these aren't standardized parts. Things like external bay covers are proprietary to the cases themselves, so you don't really see that many replacements. Your best bet for these is to contact Zalman here as well.

Solution

SpinningFan

Prominent
Dec 23, 2019