[SOLVED] Front fans intake with radiator behind ???

Tenpinsmick

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2013
Wondering what setups people have found best on keeping CPU cool etc.

I purchased a Corsair 680x and have put a 280mm rad behind the 3 front 120mm intake fans and have 2 140mm fans on top as exhaust. Rear 140mm fan as intake and bottom 2 140mm as intakes also.
I’ve heard and seen some setups suggesting radiator ontop with fans as exhaust.....can’t quite see the logic in pulling hot air you want to escape the PC through a radiator which is connected to CPU.

Solution

I purchased a Corsair 680x and have put a 280mm rad behind the 3 front 120mm intake fans and have 2 140mm fans on top as exhaust. Rear 140mm fan as intake and bottom 2 140mm as intakes also.
I’ve heard and seen some setups suggesting radiator ontop with fans as exhaust.....can’t quite see the logic in pulling hot air you want to escape the PC through a radiator which is connected to CPU.
Front intake, or top exhaust.

There is no One True Way.

Having the rad on the top as exhaust is not as bad as it sounds.
The air in the case is (hopefully) being continually refreshed by fresh air pulled in from front fans.
It is not a static box of hot air.

USAFRet

Titan

Front intake, or top exhaust.

There is no One True Way.

Having the rad on the top as exhaust is not as bad as it sounds.
The air in the case is (hopefully) being continually refreshed by fresh air pulled in from front fans.
It is not a static box of hot air.

Reactions: Tenpinsmick
Solution