Arminius

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2007
So I recently purchased a new computer, and am just in the middle of putting it all together. But, I've run into a problem concerning the front Firewire (1394) port.

Motherboard: ASUS M3A32-MVP Deluxe WiFi
Case: AplusCase A+ CS-Twin Engine

on the motherboard the 9 connectors are:

TPA+ GND TPB+ +12V
TPA- GND TPB- +12V GND

There are only 7 little plugs from the case however, and even they don't all correspond to those on the motherboard:

TPA+ (Blue)
TPA- (Orange)
TPB+ (Green)
TPB- (Red)
GND (Black) only one?
VP (White) power, I'm assuming this is one of the +12V
VG (Black) power ground?

So now I really don't know what I'm supposed to do with the last 3 little plugs. I'm thinking putting them all in the lower row on the mobo.

Thanks Ahead and Merry Christmas! (or Happy Holidays for those of you who celebrate something else :))

-Arminius

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
If the last 3 are the last 3 on your list, then connect the 1 black to the GND and it will be trail and error for the white one. I'd see if it worked with out the white one and if not, trial and error. Does the case manual tell you anything? I've had cases with wiring like this and they're more trouble than there worth, got to the point where I would just use the rear ports.

Arminius

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2007
Well that's the problem, I don't know where to put the GND and VG (power ground). 2 plugs, 3 places to put them, and a white plug is missing.

Assuming that VG is the ground for the VP plug, where do I need to put it? I probably need to put them as a pair...

Like this maybe?

TPA+ GND TPB+ +12V
TPA- GND TPB- +12V GND

My case came without a manual...

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
Have you checked the case mfg website for info or have you talked with their tech support? If their website has an FAQ or forum, likely the answer is there. I'm sure you're not the only person to run into this. If the mfg website doesn't have the answer, you could google firewire connection for that specific case. Otherwise it will be trial and error