Front I/O of Advent DT 2140

wildZguy

Honorable
Jan 1, 2014
The front I/O of my Advent Dt 2410 case (the bit with USB's and mike jacks in case I/O is not what it is called), has some problems (mike jack not working properly). So i was thinking about replacing it but the only name i found was REACH. Does anyone have any idea what this could be?

Solution
OK that is another problem.

Interference from the computer is a common problem, and is probably not the jacks.
Not an expert, but have seen it here often. RF interference.

Is this on-board sound?

A good dedicate card would probably solve the problem.

One of the fixes for a dedicated card is move it to the last slot.

millwright

Distinguished
Finding a a specific part for a case is almost impossible.

Are you sure it isn't a setting.
I know any time I set up the sound jacks, it takes a while, as the setting are not intuitive, and I don't go into those settings very often.

They didn't work om my new MSI board, by default. I had to go in and change the settings.

There is very little that can go wrong, it is just 2 wires in a simple circuit.

You can buy aftermarket front sound jacks but usually come with other things like USB ports or card readers.

wildZguy

Honorable
Jan 1, 2014

The headset i have plugged in creates a strange static sound that gives me headaches. And i cannot get rid of it no mater what setting i use. Also it is not the headset as i can plug it into any other PC and it still makes the same sound

millwright

Distinguished
OK that is another problem.

Interference from the computer is a common problem, and is probably not the jacks.
Not an expert, but have seen it here often. RF interference.

Is this on-board sound?

A good dedicate card would probably solve the problem.

One of the fixes for a dedicated card is move it to the last slot.

Solution

wildZguy

Honorable
Jan 1, 2014

motherboard connector