[SOLVED] front mount radiator set ups

Oct 2, 2020
first time installing a radiator set up and I will be front mounting a Thermaltake 3.0 360. On my case my have 2 200mm intake fans so when I mount radiator do I need to remove those? I will have fans mounted to radiator inside case to pull air through. is 2 200mm and 3 120mm fans flowing in same direction on the front of the case too much?

Solution
It's not 'too much airflow', but more to do with aerodynamics. I'm not sure how well that combo would get along.
-200mm fans have no real static pressure
-Hybrid cooler radiators are quite restrictive to airflow; a 200mm isn't very good at moving air through that
-The radiator fans at the rear will act as a vacuum, pulling air through the rad

Ehh, I think those 200mm fans will just get in the way. ¯\(ツ)

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
If the fans mount external to the frame, and the raf/fans are internal, it's possible. You'll need to mount the rad first, then install the 200's over top of the rad mount screws.

If the 200's mount external, but with the short-fat screws from inside the frame, it may be possible but be somewhat frustrating.

It'll all depend on what mounts you actually have access to.

Oct 2, 2020
the 200's mount external on the frame. I was able to mount the rad from the front of the frame as well. I was just wondering if 5 fans on the front was too much airflow.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
It's not 'too much airflow', but more to do with aerodynamics. I'm not sure how well that combo would get along.
-200mm fans have no real static pressure
-Hybrid cooler radiators are quite restrictive to airflow; a 200mm isn't very good at moving air through that
-The radiator fans at the rear will act as a vacuum, pulling air through the rad

Ehh, I think those 200mm fans will just get in the way. ¯\(ツ)

Solution