[SOLVED] Front mounted radiator in the MasterCase H500

Krashan

Commendable
Mar 7, 2016
Hi,

I bought a Cooler Master Mastercase H500 and a NZXT X62 aio. My question is, can I mount my X62 in the front with the 200mm fans from the case as intake and use one of the fans from the aio to outtake in the top of the case? Or should I use the radiator fans as intake in the front of the case, therefore replacing the included 200mm fans from the case?

Thanks

Solution

No you would have to replace them. Even if it fits, the case fans will interfere with the airflow of your X62.

Although, in my opinion, I would rather use the AIO as an exhaust at the top. It's just not worth heating up all your other components to gain a few degrees on your CPU.

No you would have to replace them. Even if it fits, the case fans will interfere with the airflow of your X62.

Although, in my opinion, I would rather use the AIO as an exhaust at the top. It's just not worth heating up all your other components to gain a few degrees on your CPU.

Solution
Mar 29, 2020
Hi,

I bought a Cooler Master Mastercase H500 and a NZXT X62 aio. My question is, can I mount my X62 in the front with the 200mm fans from the case as intake and use one of the fans from the aio to outtake in the top of the case? Or should I use the radiator fans as intake in the front of the case, therefore replacing the included 200mm fans from the case?

Thanks
I know this is a very old thread however i did this to test YES front mount your rad however i would switch the 200mm fans as an exhaust on top and get 3 120 or 140's in a push pull config i saw massive 10 degree drop in temps on my cpu with a 1 degree difference in my gpu mount the rad on the top mount which gives you plenty of space under neath for your bottom 140 to cool your hardrives im also assuming you have heatsinks on your ram so that will never be an issue no matter what style gpu card either open or blower style you're really not gonna see any difference especially since youd use one of the 200's as an exhaust. now the reason i say to get 140's or 120's is because of static pressure youre not gonna be able to move a whole lot if you can't get it threw the rad your main job is to cool your cpu your gpu has its own method of cooling and so do 90% of the rest of your components. ALL IN ALL YES FRONT MOUNT YOUR RAD

Mar 29, 2020
I know this is a very old thread however i did this to test YES front mount your rad however i would switch the 200mm fans as an exhaust on top and get 3 120 or 140's in a push pull config i saw massive 10 degree drop in temps on my cpu with a 1 degree difference in my gpu mount the rad on the top mount which gives you plenty of space under neath for your bottom 140 to cool your hardrives im also assuming you have heatsinks on your ram so that will never be an issue no matter what style gpu card either open or blower style you're really not gonna see any difference especially since youd use one of the 200's as an exhaust. now the reason i say to get 140's or 120's is because of static pressure youre not gonna be able to move a whole lot if you can't get it threw the rad your main job is to cool your cpu your gpu has its own method of cooling and so do 90% of the rest of your components. ALL IN ALL YES FRONT MOUNT YOUR RAD

No they do fit it has separate mountings for your rad and your front fans and there is very minimal notice in temps on other componts