Question Front panel Audio Jack is allways on max volume

Oct 30, 2019
So my problem is quiet simple to describe, but caused me a lot of headacke lately.

Somehow my Realtek HDA manager wasn't showing up, but after 2 days of tryharding i managed to make it work prperly. Sound equlizer and every function is jsut fine, but one!
It only works if my headphones connect to the mainboard auio output on the back of my PC, when I plug it into my front Jack, it doesn't work as it is supposed to work. The sound volume has only 2 options:
0: no sound
1-100: max volume, and i can not change it by adjusting the scale

I can manually change the volume inside apps like games or youtube, but not with the bottom right sound icon.

I reinstalled the drives, tryed everything but couldn't find a solution. Tryed multiple drivers already, old ones, the one from the website of the mainboard and from Realtek's site aswell, but the same problem. I checked the BIOS settings and they are just fine.Before I installed the Driver, some default AMD sound made possible to work, and even adjust the volume level, but the queality wasn't that great, that's why I updated the realtek drivers, and the sound adjust problem started there, so it is surely not broken "physically". On the backplane it is perfect, the quality is great and works as it is supposed.

I couldn't find a solution elsewhere, since the only problemsolving threads i found are for "no audio" problems. I clearly have/had audio, it just doesn't work properly.

I have a freshly bought ASRock b450m pro4 board
Thank you for the help, cheers :)

Photos that might help.
iXFBiEW.jpg
LVYp2FC.jpg

So the sound here is an analog signal so the volume is determined by the amplitude of the waves. The amplitude is controlled by a small circuit that lowers it from its maximum as requested. If there is a problem in this circuit then it will either not work at all or not be adjustable (your case). Since the problem is a motherboard circuitry issue you can probably RMA it for a new one if you want. If something as simple as the DAC is broken it stands to reason something else could be broken too

Oct 30, 2019
But it works, when I uninstall the driver and use some by windows preinstalled driver, or when the realtek driver is not installed properly. I can freely adjust it, just the sound quality isnt that great (maybe 7/10 if se assume from the back with installed driver its 10/10).
If the circuit is broken, how can it work "properly", w/O the driver?

Nov 3, 2019
I'm having the exact same issue with the AsRock x570 Extreme4.
When I plug my headphones into the front panel they are either at 0 or 100 percent volume. Back panel works perfectly fine and when I uninstall Realtek drivers, the front panel works as it should, so I know it's a software issue... Hoping someone has resolved this.

Oct 30, 2019
I'm having the exact same issue with the AsRock x570 Extreme4.
When I plug my headphones into the front panel they are either at 0 or 100 percent volume. Back panel works perfectly fine and when I uninstall Realtek drivers, the front panel works as it should, so I know it's a software issue... Hoping someone has resolved this.

I'm sure it's not a hardware problem, but tryed everything and haven't found the solution yet.
If you find something in the future, can you share your solution here? Thank you

Nov 3, 2019
Solved this issue by updating the BIOS to the latest version. Front panel now works as it should. Didn't think to try this because I figured it was an issue with the audio drivers. Hope this helps.