Question Front panel audio jack stopped identifying devices after replacing

abdo42

Prominent
Jun 2, 2019
So I have ASUS TUF B450 MB, my front panel audio used to work normally then the jack got loose out of misuse, that I had to tilt my headphones cable around the jack to get it working, today I got it to some guy to fix that, said he couldn't weld it cause it was almost broken in half, so he replaced it with a new audio jack. But now it doesn't work at all, and my only output devices are: 1) Speakers 2 )Digital audio (S/PDIF). and whatever I try, I just don't get audio output from any device connected to the front panel.

Lutfij

Titan
What is the make and model of your case? I think you'd have been better served by getting a brand new case as opposed to fixing the front panel audio port. Make and model of your headset? What OS and version of OS are you working with for your platform? Latest BIOS version for your motherboard?

Have you tried uninstalling your audio drivers and then reinstalling with the latest drivers found off the www? When reinstalling, install it in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator. Speaking of which, are you working with the audio onboard the motherboard or a discrete sound card?

abdo42

Prominent
Jun 2, 2019
My case is cougar mx 330, Windows 10, and I work with the default sound driver. when the guy replaced the broken audio jack (by jack i mean the hole i plug my headphones cord in, idk what else to call it) from the front panel, he used a random one, and it doesn't really matter what my headset is, i tried 3 different headphones on both the back audio jack and the front one. they all worked on the back only. it just seems that my front panel audio port/jack doesn't identify anything, and yes I updated my sound drivers, but no use, only the back audio jack that is attached to my MB works

BIOS version/date: American Megatrends Inc. 0601, 10/29/2018

abdo42

Prominent
Jun 2, 2019
Updated to the latest realtek driver from ASUS website and now my devices are: 1) Speakers (Realtekj (R) audio) 2) realtek digital output. and I am plugging my headphones in the front panel and still not getting identified, is there a possibility that he installed the audio port wrong?