Question Front panel audio not working

Mar 10, 2023
Hello. I bought a new case the Fractal Design Meshify 2 Mini and the front panel audio is not working. If I plug in my headphones windows doesn't recognize it. The headphones work if i plug to them to the rear audio connectors. The rest of the panel is working besides the USB 3.1 Gen 2 which is not connected to my MOBO as it does not support it.
When using my previous case the front audio worked fine. I tried to download the realtek drivers for my MOBO and check the "disable front panel jack detection" then it shows up as another device but when i plug the headphones i don't get any sound.
My specs are:
MOBO: MSI B250M PRO-VD
CPU: Intel Core i5-7400
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6600
RAM: Corsair 16 GB KIT DDR4 2666 MHz CL16 Vengeance CL16-18-18-35
PSU: MSI MPG A650GF
CASE: Fractal Design Meshify 2 Mini
Monitor: AOC I2481FXH - 24", IPS
Drives:
ADATA SATA SSD for system files
WD SATA SSD
HDD (only for storage)

Solution
This might read out like a silly step but did you make sure that the front panel audio header for the case is hooked into the right header on the motherboard? As for the motherboard, see if the cable's seated properly.

BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time? Can you pass on an image of the innards of the case, focused on the front panel header area on the motherboard?

Lutfij

Titan
This might read out like a silly step but did you make sure that the front panel audio header for the case is hooked into the right header on the motherboard? As for the motherboard, see if the cable's seated properly.

BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time? Can you pass on an image of the innards of the case, focused on the front panel header area on the motherboard?

Solution
Mar 10, 2023

Thanks for the advice. The front panel connector wasn't connected properly. I plugged it in the way it's supposed to be and now it works.