Front Panel Audio produces static while gaming

imdabous1

Reputable
Jan 15, 2016
So I have a small issue with my front panel audio on my Corsair SPEC-01. When my HyperX Cloud Core headset is plugged into my front panel on the case I get constant static in my right ear and faintly in my left. however, it only happens while a game is open. Watching videos or anything else is fine until I launch a game, even when not in the game.

I want to try out the 7.1 and 5.1 surround sound options available on my front panel audio for games since I previously used the Razer Kraken with razer 7.1 in synapse and thus adapted to that.

I'm lost for solutions other than using the rear audio on the motherboard which is limited to 2.1 (i think). If it was a hardware issue, such as smacking the front panel too hard when performing maintanence, the static wouldn't be limited to gaming.

Solution
It's caused by the audio wire going through your case and the signal getting distorted due to static fields around your case coming from the power cables, you can try to re route the audio cable some other way in your case as far from any other cables as possible.
It's caused by the audio wire going through your case and the signal getting distorted due to static fields around your case coming from the power cables, you can try to re route the audio cable some other way in your case as far from any other cables as possible.

Solution

Neur0nauT

Admirable
The wiring or connections to the front panel is probably picking up EMI from the power supply or internal components. Test this by plugging your headset into the rear panel...does it improve? If so, then either use the rear panel, or check if your front panel connectors are plugged in fully and correctly.