[SOLVED] Front Panel cables won't fit with motherboard replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

VERSION_1583

Commendable
May 7, 2021
Hi,

This PC build have been a nightmare for me. One problem after another.

Currently I am trying to connect my front panel cables and various other cables I do not know into my new motherboard replacement (link below). But comparing the cables now it appears that my new motherboard won't be able to match my Lenovo ThinkCentee E73 case?

I was wondering if anyone know if I could buy an adapter for this motherboard or not. I really don't want to have to buy a case replacement.

Mother bordered Replacement Layout:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/s...ards/desktop/dq67sw/dq67sw_techprodspec02.pdf

Thank You

Solution
Replace the CMOS battery. You can connect everything outside the case (called "breadboarding") on something nonconductive (like a large piece of cardboard). All you need is the motherboard, power supply, CPU, RAM , Video card (if the CPU doesn't have built-in video) and a display.
This is what happens when you try to fit a generic motherboard into an OEM case. That case wasn't intended to work with anything except the boards used by Lenovo. You can always try to shoehorn things but there will always be that one or six wires with nowhere to go. Best bet is to trash the case, bite the bullet and buy a more suitable case.

VERSION_1583

Commendable
May 7, 2021
This is what happens when you try to fit a generic motherboard into an OEM case. That case wasn't intended to work with anything except the boards used by Lenovo. You can always try to shoehorn things but there will always be that one or six wires with nowhere to go. Best bet is to trash the case, bite the bullet and buy a more suitable case.

Yeah. But I think I will get a new case.

But how do you check if my motherboard is still working fine without the case?

I managed to get it into boot one time but there was an CMOS Battery Failure warning. Ever since then I am unable to get it to boot again.

Replace the CMOS battery. You can connect everything outside the case (called "breadboarding") on something nonconductive (like a large piece of cardboard). All you need is the motherboard, power supply, CPU, RAM , Video card (if the CPU doesn't have built-in video) and a display.

Reactions: VERSION_1583
Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.