[SOLVED] Front Panel Connectors Problem

serjj

Reputable
Apr 6, 2019
So I accidentally removed or unplugged the front panel connectors from my motherboard, plugged them back in as shown in the user's manual but when I pressed the power button, my pc didn't boot, also whenever I turn the power on, the lights on the mobo would light up but whenever I press the power button, nothing happens, I also tried using a flathead screwdriver on the power switch connector but nothing happened, what could've been the issue?

Solution
Your motherboard manual will have the pin layout.
It can be confusing.
There will be an open pin space in the diagram; use that to orient properly and find the pwr pin and a ground.
You could simply try different combinations, with your screwdriver, no harm will come if you get it wrong.

serjj

Reputable
Apr 6, 2019
Try unplugging everything from your system and holding the power button for 15 seconds before plugging it back in. You can try also removing the motherboard battery or using the CMOS reset button.
Tried both of those but none of them worked, I also tried to jump the mobo using another PSU but didn't work, is the motherboard the problem here?

RDKells

Honorable
Sep 16, 2013
Seems like an obvious question but are you certain you've plugged them all in correctly? I had this issue and it was because I misread (didn't read very well) the manual and thought the pins were labelled horizontally;

1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11

But they were labelled vertically;

2 4 6 8 10
1 3 5 7 9 11

Once I noticed this and made sure the + - were on the right pins, it all worked.

serjj

Reputable
Apr 6, 2019
Seems like an obvious question but are you certain you've plugged them all in correctly? I had this issue and it was because I misread (didn't read very well) the manual and thought the pins were labelled horizontally;

1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11

But they were labelled vertically;

2 4 6 8 10
1 3 5 7 9 11

Once I noticed this and made sure the + - were on the right pins, it all worked.
Wait, so I should put the pins vertically or horizontally?

RDKells

Honorable
Sep 16, 2013
The numbering of the pins on the motherboard dictate where it should go.

I literally just did the FP connectors on my PC and it reminded me of this.

Mine are numbered;

2 4 6 8
1 3 5 7 9

In the manual it has a table like this;

1 HDD LED + | 2 Power LED +
3 HDD LED - | 4 Power LED -

At first glance, because the table is vertical, it looks like HDD LED +/- would go into pins 1 and 2 and Power in 3 and 4 aka vertically.

However they are in fact horizontal with HDD LED under Power LED.

Your motherboard manual will have the pin layout.
It can be confusing.
There will be an open pin space in the diagram; use that to orient properly and find the pwr pin and a ground.
You could simply try different combinations, with your screwdriver, no harm will come if you get it wrong.

Solution