[SOLVED] Front panel Jfp1 connectors (power led - )

Mar 14, 2021
I accidentally twist the tip of (power led -)connector when I'm putting it back after I cleaned the pc, and I heard a click sound is the connector damaged?

Solution
So you are concerned if an led connector is damaged? From what's written, all I see is the pin has twisted inside the connector. That's a non issue.

If you twisted the motherboard pin and it now spins, that's a different issue, but regardless it's just power to the led in the button that tells you if the pc is on or not. Hmm. If you can't tell if the pc is on or not without the led, you have bigger issues. 👍😁

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

How much of a twist?

Hopefully the click was the connector snapping into place and not some crack in the plastic. Or something else breaking.

Use a bright flashlight and magnifying glass to examine the connector and socket. Look for signs of damage. Check all around as best you can.

Be sure that the system is off and unplugged.

Take a couple of photographs and post via imgur.

Mar 14, 2021
FUcMipb.png

a 360 twist yes the click was snapped inside the tip of the (power led-) it can rotate and I did put it back in the same location and the pc runs. Do I have to remove it or just leave it on the motherboard? Can this connector cause any damage to the pc or performance issue let me know and I remove the power led - connector. Let me know what should I do with the power led - connector.

I can't examine the connector right now and take a picture because I'm using it for school but I have some photos of it before I clean it.

I5brZ4s.jpg

tDSzhCc.jpg

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
So you are concerned if an led connector is damaged? From what's written, all I see is the pin has twisted inside the connector. That's a non issue.

If you twisted the motherboard pin and it now spins, that's a different issue, but regardless it's just power to the led in the button that tells you if the pc is on or not. Hmm. If you can't tell if the pc is on or not without the led, you have bigger issues. 👍😁

Solution