Cindyk

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2002
I have connected the front panel leads from my Lani-Li case to the appropriate posts on my Asus mobo, but there is one lead (HDD LED) that does not have a spot designated on the mobo. Where does it go? Also, what are the other 1 pin connectors and where do they go?

Theres no doubt you've had a problem locating this hookup point on most boards the HDD LED is in with the rest of the panel hookups but on your board its an individual 2 pin connector just above the panel hookup bank and its labeled IDELED, hook the HDD LED wire to that connector and fire it up, if the HDD LED doesn't light on the case, reverse the way its plugged in.

Cindyk

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2002
Thank you so much - now I see it on the diagram and the mobo. I hope you check this forum often!

Do you know what I am supposed to do with the 9-1pin connections? Some are labeled data, some shield, and some gnd.
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by cindyk on 06/27/02 07:33 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Tell me exactly what you have hooked up and is there a digital display on the case, better yet what is the case model number exactly, and did you get it with added features, like infrared remote capability? Normal setup would be POWER SWITCH, POWER LED, RESET SWITCH, HARDRIVE LED, and CASE SPEAKER. Thats a pretty nice motherboard you've got, I was impressed with the software utilities that came with it, what size processor did you get. And one more question, did the case come with any USB ports in the front?

Cindyk

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2002
The case is a Lian-Li PC60U, no infrared, no digital display, 2 USB ports on the front. The leads are originating from the USB ports, and, when I booted with my keyboard installed on front USB ports, system did not detect it. I am satisfied that my front panel leads are all hooked correctly. My processor is a Pentium 4, 2.2 GHz. I purchased the mobo, case, power supply, and graphics card all from reasearch on this web page.