Question Front panel led lights that seemed dead for a year light up for just a minute before going dead again

Mar 4, 2020
I have a gt pc case with 4 red front lights and a light on front fan for about a year and a half. Half a year of use they went dead, I didnt care that much cause they are just lights and i though they were burned or something beccause the one of 4 is still outputing some light (not full) and the fan is fine too. Today though they lit again for about a minute with some periodicly flickering and then went dead again. In that state I am concered about the health of the computer

I have a gt pc case with 4 red front lights and a light on front fan for about a year and a half. Half a year of use they went dead, I didnt care that much cause they are just lights and i though they were burned or something beccause the one of 4 is still outputing some light (not full) and the fan is fine too. Today though they lit again for about a minute with some periodicly flickering and then went dead again. In that state I am concered about the health of the computer
LEDs have a very long life and for multiple to go out at the same time would be quite incredible. With what you describe, it sounds you like something is not making a good connection. I bet all the LEDs in question have a common source of power (maybe a connector on the motherboard or directly to the power supply) and it is this connection that is not good.

Is the dangerous for your computer? Probably not. I would only be concerned if you had a broken wire with a bare end that could possibly touch something.

maikutech

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2012
Contact the manufacturer of that case, see if they will sell you a replacement part or give it to you for free.
Alot of people don't realize that but "most" case makers will do this during warrenty or after warrenty duration.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS