[SOLVED] Front panel led lights that seemed dead for a year light up for just a minute before going dead again

Mar 4, 2020
I have a gt pc case with 4 red front lights and a light on front fan for about a year and a half. Half a year of use they went dead, I didnt care that much cause they are just lights and i though they were burned or something beccause the one of 4 is still outputing some light (not full) and the fan is fine too. Today though they lit again for about a minute with some periodicly flickering and then went dead again. In that state I am concered about the health of the computer

Solution
I have a gt pc case with 4 red front lights and a light on front fan for about a year and a half. Half a year of use they went dead, I didnt care that much cause they are just lights and i though they were burned or something beccause the one of 4 is still outputing some light (not full) and the fan is fine too. Today though they lit again for about a minute with some periodicly flickering and then went dead again. In that state I am concered about the health of the computer

LEDs have a very long life and for multiple to go out at the same time would be quite incredible. With what you describe, it sounds you like something is not making a good connection. I bet all the LEDs in question have a common source of power (maybe a...

LEDs have a very long life and for multiple to go out at the same time would be quite incredible. With what you describe, it sounds you like something is not making a good connection. I bet all the LEDs in question have a common source of power (maybe a connector on the motherboard or directly to the power supply) and it is this connection that is not good.

Is the dangerous for your computer? Probably not. I would only be concerned if you had a broken wire with a bare end that could possibly touch something.

Solution