Front panel mic port not working

Brownusbearus

Commendable
Jul 6, 2016
Hi, when I plug my headset into the two front panel jacks the Realtek Audio manager pops up and recognises its been connected, I select Headphone and Mic In but my mic is not being detected at all. However when I play sound through my headset it leaks through to the mic. Really stuck with this one. HELP! :(

Brownusbearus

Commendable
Jul 6, 2016
My headphones and microphone are one wire than connects into a mute button and comes out as a mic and headphone wire. I then plug these two into the two jacks on my front panel. Both get detected but my mic wont work, it only picks up the sounds through my headphones.

System tray (bottom right corner), right click speaker and go to Recording Devices.
Does it show one there? Does it register sound? Make sure it is set as default and try again.

Brownusbearus

Commendable
Jul 6, 2016
Yeah it registers sound coming through 'Speakers' which is 'Realtek HD Audio' and it also registers sound coming through my mic on 'Recording' but only when im playing sound through the headphones, when I speak into the mic nothing is detected

Brownusbearus

Commendable
Jul 6, 2016
Just tried that and it messed with my PC/sound..I have a feeling my front jack might just be broken but I've had problems with them before and I'm worried I might be missing something super obvious