front panel mismatch in realtek

Peterthecat1

Honorable
May 31, 2014
Currant build...MSI 970 krait / FX6300 / GTX760 everything seems to work well can even get the headphones to play BUT when i open realtek manager it shows the headphones in the pink jack rather than the green and doesnt seem to recognise anything in the green jack, back panel works properly tho i do say that realtek asks me everytime i plug something in what it is. Bios set to HDAUDIO = enabled and front panel wire labeled HD AUDIO i plugged in the HD AUDIO socket... how likely is it that the front panel header is bad...how likeley is this a motherboard problem... have built many comps but having a real run with front panel problems recently have to say i prev used intel builds and am now doing AMD is this linked to AMD boards/chips

Solution
I'd say that it's a front panel issue. Try re-seating the HD Audio cable. Try also re-mapping the front green to front pink and pink to green. See if still the same.
http://www.reaper-x.com/2012/02/13/how-to-remap-retasking-realtek-onboard-jacks-ports/
I'd say that it's a front panel issue. Try re-seating the HD Audio cable. Try also re-mapping the front green to front pink and pink to green. See if still the same.
http://www.reaper-x.com/2012/02/13/how-to-remap-retasking-realtek-onboard-jacks-ports/

Solution

Peterthecat1

Honorable
May 31, 2014
the pin mapping line up in both manuals i dont think there is one that maps them for the front panel board end of the cable?? its a white block that doesnt look removable i did wiggle each wire to see if its loos at the cable end ill chk the board end!!!

Peterthecat1

Honorable
May 31, 2014
Hey Guys thanks for the response...kinda shotgunned this and had raidmax send a new front panel board and that fixed it!!! tho i did notice that the labels on the board(SPKR & MIC) did not match the images(pics of headphones and microphone) on the case??? but when plugging in realtek now notices either jack and the right color brightens when the correct input is plugged in!!(per label on the board not outer case)