Front Panel Pin Arrangement for Dg33M06 SE0709

setho246

Prominent
Aug 14, 2017
Currently undertaking my first ever build, and like many its an extremely budget build.

I got a dg33m06 se0709 from an old Dell Inspiron. Only problem is, I obviously don't have the manual, and I can't work out how to connect the front panel wires. I have these wires:

IMG20170814203152.jpg

To connect to these pins:

IMG20170814203522.jpg

Here is where it gets tricky. Every video I've seen, the MOBO has writing on it right next to the pins to help figure it out, but all I've got it this:

IMG20170814205346.jpg

Can anyone who has experience or knowledge in reading this sort of diagram give me a hand? Much appreciated :)

Solution
The FP1 Header of your motherboard has its 9 pins laid out like this diagram:

[o][o][o][o]
[o][o][o][o][o]

Using your front panel cables, connect them to the header like this:

POWER LED+ (left) | POWER LED- (at right) --> [o][o][o][o] <-- Pin #8 is not connected
H.D.D. LED (+ is at the left, - is at the right) --> [o][o][o][o][o] <-- RESET SW (orientation doesn't matter)
POWER SW (orientation doesn't matter) -----------------^

USAFRet

Titan
1-3 are front panel LED for drive activity
2-4 are front panel power LED
5-6 is the power switch
7-9 is the front panel reset button

So, from your middle pic of the actual pins, the one to the far right is #9...for the front panel reset button.
Read right->left for the other ones

The reset and power do not matter + or -.
The LED indicators do matter + and -.

The FP1 Header of your motherboard has its 9 pins laid out like this diagram:

[o][o][o][o]
[o][o][o][o][o]

Using your front panel cables, connect them to the header like this:

POWER LED+ (left) | POWER LED- (at right) --> [o][o][o][o] <-- Pin #8 is not connected
H.D.D. LED (+ is at the left, - is at the right) --> [o][o][o][o][o] <-- RESET SW (orientation doesn't matter)
POWER SW (orientation doesn't matter) -----------------^

Solution