front panel - Realtek switch headphone and microphone

Sassyroo

Reputable
Nov 3, 2015
Hi,

I currently have windows 10.

I have been having issue with my front panel last few days. I use the headphones on my desktop and now it is not working. I have tried several times to fix the wire but I believe it is broken.

I was wondering since the microphone plug next to it works if there was a way to switch the 2 ports?

Thankb you

Solution
Install the latest drivers. Most codecs allow you to swap line in and headphone jacks at the cost of some audio quality. You can also just buy an extender for ~$5 and plug it into the green audio jack in the back of your computer (the better option).
Install the latest drivers. Most codecs allow you to swap line in and headphone jacks at the cost of some audio quality. You can also just buy an extender for ~$5 and plug it into the green audio jack in the back of your computer (the better option).

Solution

Sassyroo

Reputable
Nov 3, 2015

I have updated to the latest driver prior to posting the question and that advance option is not available in my version sadly.

I could buy the extender which is not a bad choice, but I do have as well a speaker so would have ot keep switching back and forth then. Hoping to find a easy full time solution.