Question Front Panel USB Mismatch between MoBo and Case

Jan 31, 2020
Hello. I have a Asus TUF x570 motherboard and NZXT H510 case. The mobo has USB 3.2 G1 and USB 2.0 headers while the front panel on the case has 1x USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C port and 1x USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-A port.

Can I run a cable from the USB 3.2 G1 header that splits where one end goes to the case 3.1 Gen 1 Type-A port, and the other end has an adapter that fits the 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C port (but runs at 3.1 Gen 1 speeds)?

What other ways could I rig this to give my case front-panel USBs functionality?

Thanks much for any suggestions!

Jan 31, 2020
Honestly unless you absolutely need the fp USB type C, just don't. You could get one of these, but you'll either need a USB 3 splitter or a USB 2 to USB 3 adapter. Total cost would be $30-$45, which just isn't worth it if you aren't going to be constantly using the USB type C port in the front panel. The board also has one in the rear if you do use USB C.
Well I don't "need" the front panel C, I just thought it'd be nice to have both of the case's front USB ports functional.

I think i read somewhere that you can get some sort of PCIe card that can route a USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C connection to a front Type-C port. That sounds pretty groovy--if I have enough PCIe lanes.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS