[SOLVED] Front Rad and GPU ports

Alex Shiva

Reputable
Jul 14, 2017
Hi guys, I am doing a water cooled custom loop on an Enthoo Elite build with a big 560 quad rad with four 140mm in the front and i was wondering which is the best solution, to have the ports placed on top or at the bottom of the case. I know it would be easier as a draining port if they were on the bottom but i would like to have the on top just for estethic reasons and use the res as a draining option. would that complicate my life when it comes to flushing out the liquid?

Also, another question. I got 4 ports in my 1080TI aorus wb and i don't actually know how to remove the water stopping plugs from the back of the waterblock as i am planning to run the loop from the front of the Gpu and into the back, out in the Cpu. Can you tell me what tool to use to remove those water stopping plugs from the back ports of the GPU?

Solution
Shouldn't make a difference in either orientation. It will only be a problem if you don't purge all air from the radiator and you have an air pocket that doesn't get removed during filling. In this case, orienting the ports at the top will help eliminate this problem while ports at the bottom means air can remain collected at the end chamber.

I would think you should get tools in the box that came with the card, looks like it is a hex key port that plugs the G1/4 ports. If so, you need a set of Allen keys/wrenches - almost every big box chain store and hardware department has a set of these on a Swiss Army knife type of grip, or you can find them in assorted sets. Otherwise, can you post a picture?

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Shouldn't make a difference in either orientation. It will only be a problem if you don't purge all air from the radiator and you have an air pocket that doesn't get removed during filling. In this case, orienting the ports at the top will help eliminate this problem while ports at the bottom means air can remain collected at the end chamber.

I would think you should get tools in the box that came with the card, looks like it is a hex key port that plugs the G1/4 ports. If so, you need a set of Allen keys/wrenches - almost every big box chain store and hardware department has a set of these on a Swiss Army knife type of grip, or you can find them in assorted sets. Otherwise, can you post a picture?

Solution