[SOLVED] Front speaker jack not working any more

xXAhmad10000Xx

Reputable
Jan 10, 2021
So I have a 3.5mm headset i was able to plug it into the front audio jack the speaker were working fine without a splitter the mic not because the 3.5mm headset
and when I plug them into the back jack they work as they should but I have a rear speaker connected to the jack on the back and I have tried to plug the rear speaker into the front jack they work just great
rear speakers work on both jack while the headset only work on the jack at the back
when I plug the headset into the front panel nothing detected at all I have tried to uninstalled Realtek audio driver and reinstalled still not working
I used to plug them both at the same time and keep switching the default device

Solution
Sounds like an issue with the jack itself. Make sure there is nothing lodged in the hole. If not, try cleaning it out with a thin cotton swab dipped in isopropyl alcohol. If this doesn't work, check your audio connections on the motherboard.

If this doesn't work, there is usually a setting in the BIOS to disable/enable the front audio jack on your PC. Make sure it is enabled. Again, if this does not work, you can try to clear the CMOS. This stuff is a little advanced, so I'd do a little bit of research before you start messing with the BIOS or CMOS.

if all else fails you can get a USB to 3.5mm audio adapter from eBay for close to 5-10 USD. While this is not the optimal solution, it seems like it would work for your needs. Good luck!

Ajfer03

Great
Jan 10, 2021
Sounds like an issue with the jack itself. Make sure there is nothing lodged in the hole. If not, try cleaning it out with a thin cotton swab dipped in isopropyl alcohol. If this doesn't work, check your audio connections on the motherboard.

If this doesn't work, there is usually a setting in the BIOS to disable/enable the front audio jack on your PC. Make sure it is enabled. Again, if this does not work, you can try to clear the CMOS. This stuff is a little advanced, so I'd do a little bit of research before you start messing with the BIOS or CMOS.

if all else fails you can get a USB to 3.5mm audio adapter from eBay for close to 5-10 USD. While this is not the optimal solution, it seems like it would work for your needs. Good luck!

Solution