CPU Cooler:
ARCTIC Freezer 7 Pro

Graphics Chipset:
GTX 960 2GB Mini OC

System Memory:
8GB of Ram

Motherboard:
Gigabyte GA-H61M-DS2

The first few week everything worked fine, and after a few weeks over resetting my PC it just stopped working.

Any suggestions?

Solution
That card will give you additional USB 3.0 ports at the back of your pc.

For front panel ports you'd need a card with this type of connectors on it (blue color):
s-l1600.jpg
https://www.cnet.com/products/gigabyte-ga-h61m-ds2-rev-1-2-motherboard-micro-atx-lga1155-socket-h61-series/specs/

I see no reference to any USB 3.0 capabilities/ports on that MB, but, assuming they might be a pair of 2.0 ports wired to a header on the mainboard, that would be the first thing to check, still attached, etc, perhaps the connector worked it's way loose, needs reseated, etc...

Assuming chipset drivers have been installed...

Also possible, of course, the MB's interface to that port might have died, as some older boards might have issues with current/power supply driving some external hard drives powered by the port itself...

Double check that the USB port header in question was not somehow disabled in the BIOS...

Precedentbug

Prominent
Mar 2, 2017

Yes i did, i installed malware that i could not get rid of and may have lost all drivers.
But i forgot where the drivers i downloaded from because someone helped me with it a while back and i don't have contact with him anymore.

TRENDING THREADS