Frontier Developments Reveals 'Planet Coaster' Launch Trailer Ahead Of Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin_138

Commendable
Nov 16, 2016
Some might say that the shift to a game like Elite: Dangerous may seem strange after Frontier had developed RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 and expansions for RollerCoaster Tycoon 2.

Some might not know what they are talking about, the CEO of Frontier Developments (David Braben) was responsible for Elite in the early 80's, Frontier:Elite II and Frontier:First Encounters in the 90's. I find it perfectly logical that they should continue the series!

JimmiG

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2008
If it's anything like Elite Dangerous, you have to play for about 350 hours to make $20 million, while a new roller coaster costs $170 million to build...

icepick314

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2002
this is after a dickmove by Atari releasing Rollercoaster Tycoon World on Nov 16...a day before Planet Coaster's official release...

RTW was "released" in March 2016....after receiving mass negative reviews, Atari put it in "early access" in steam....then officially re-released on Nov 16 ahead of Planet Coaster....

thank goodness there is review system on Steam so buyers can see RTW has overwhelmingly negative reviews but still feels as if Atari is trying to get few unsuspecting buyers before the buyers hear about Planet Coaster....

do yourself a favor and skip anything with Atari name attached...

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
Gotta love the laumch trailer.

rctw was so broke at 'launch' almost a year ago that i refunded it almost immediately. as long as they have been working on it, and how little there was, along with the skewed priorities in time management, boom refund. feel bad for people who are stuck with the game because they wanted to give it a chance.

that said

openrct2 > parketect > planet coaster

at least thats how i would rank them, not sure where rct3 would fall in, never liked that game much.

Zapin

Reputable
Dec 15, 2015
Some VR support would be cool, even if all of the design stuff is outside of VR with a VR mode that lets you experience the attractions after you create them.

Status
Not open for further replies.